Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Friday 19 January 2007

Artistic...?

We've finally ditched the old Rock Solid and RS2 logos. They were just starting to look a little bit dated. So we've gone for the new ones, and you can see the results on www.stmikesyouth.org.

On the theme of art, I had to draw a picture for an art exhibition at the primary school. Interesting, since I don't really have an artistic bone in my body! I did a cartoon of the St Mikes Youth team (well, the full-timers, Trevor, Liz and I) and amazingly, I'm quite pleased with the results. I'll try to scan it in and post it here over the weekend.

Mettle Group A on Wednesday was quiet, only six young people there as the upper-sixth are in the middle of exams. Do pray for them! It was good though ... it's actually quite a nice feel when there are only a handful there. I wouldn't want it to be like that every week, but it's nice for a change.

We had to cancel Rock Solid last night as three leaders had to drop out (mostly illness). It's a shame, because I was quite looking forward to it after the progress we made last week ... I hope we'll continue to move in the right direction next week.

My mum, my sister and her partner and baby are coming for the day tomorrow, which I'm really looking forward to. Just got to get through RE:fresh first!

1 Comments:

At 12:04 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home