Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Saturday 6 January 2007

Mid-life crisis? I think so!

So it's arrived. I have agreed to do something on Monday that officially ushers in the start of my very own mid-life crisis.

I'm playing football again. There's a good chance it will kill me.

Let me explain: as I was contemplating turning 30 a couple of months ago, I realised that at best, I probably only had two or three years of football left in me. And I've not been playing for the last two. This, I thought, was a waste, so on a whim I emailed a couple of teams in the local church league, asking if they wanted any players.

One or two got back in touch, and I've ended up agreeing to train with Rock Crusaders on Monday evening.

Seemed like a good idea at the time. I wasn't a bad player when I was a bit younger, but my game was largely based on being pretty quick. Now, of course, I'm considerably fatter and have developed asthma.

This may be the shortest comeback in history. Please pray that I don't make a complete fool of myself. Or die. Or realise I'm past it. Hope is a wonderful thing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home