Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Wednesday 3 January 2007

Happy New Year!

2007! Happy New Year! It's going to be a cool year ... after all, who's cooler than James Bond - 007? Hmmm... I'll work on it.

It's all getting busy again ... St Mikes Youth is about to swing back into serious action. It all starts tomorrow (Thursday) with an 11-14s Film Night (watching Flick, which I've seen) and then a 14-18s version on Friday (watching Talladega Nights, which I haven't). We have two RS2 sessions on Sunday morning, The Mix on Sunday evening and next week all the Mettle Groups, Rock Solid, RE:fresh, lunch-clubs and the new Youth Alpha course all start. And I was just starting to relax!

Seriously, though, Christmas is a weird holiday, isn't it? Because it's actually only about two weeks, but you get to the end of it feeling like you've had about two days, but having done enough stuff to fill two months! No wonder I'm still tired.

Still, on the plus side, Trevor came back yesterday, and it's nice to have him around again. The office already seems brighter (if already a little cramped). Liz is back on Friday, which will be nice too, but we won't have room to breathe in the office!

Today is Laura's last day off before she goes back to school, so I'm going to take her out for dinner tonight to celebrate the mass of jigsaws leaving the lounge. Hopefully. And being able to get on with time off MY WAY ... watching "Lost" DVDs on the settee for a couple of hours every day! That all said, I will miss having her around in the daytime. She helps walk the dog when she's on holiday ...

Happy New Year! May you, dear reader, have a richly-blessed 2007!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home