Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Friday 5 January 2007

Blogging for blogging's sake!

I really don't think I have anything interesting to say (you might argue that I rarely do!). But I thought I ought to do an entry anyway.

The 11-14s Film Night went ok (although not a single one of them said 'thankyou'. Not one. Makes you wonder why you bother...). We watched "Click" which was very funny and also quite thought-provoking.

Tonight the 14-18s are watching "Talledega Nights" which is meant to be quite good. I haven't had time to watch it ... hope it's suitable! I don't think many of them are coming, which is a bit of a disappointment. It is Friday night and we're only trying to do fun stuff for people. It just gets me down when they're not interested.

Liz is back today, and then we have to move her to her third Stoke Gifford residence next week. I love helping people move house. That's why I seem to end up doing it so often!

One more thought: I've just been watching Series Two of Lost and have my own theory. I wonder if it's the Garden of Eden that they've crashed in and it's all showing how sin can corrupt our lives and even the world around us. Maybe...?

2 Comments:

At 5:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hia ant its sall thanx for the film night it was well kl xxx

 
At 8:51 pm, Blogger Ant said...

Thanks sweetie ... means a lot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home