Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Wednesday 10 January 2007

Aching but alive!

I survived.

Just.

Football training on Monday was for an hour-and-a-half, and included not just a kick-about, but also running. A lot of it.

Amazingly enough, I mianaged to keep up and even play in the game at the end. I did ok, I'm very rusty but that will come with practice and fitness. I certainly didn't discgrace myself - I managed to get a couple of really good tackles in and even found the time to score a couple of goals!

Now, though, I'm in a lot of pain. Every muscle in my entire body aches, and it's worse today than it was yesterday. I'm determined to carry on though. The lads seemed ok, not ever so welcoming to the new boy, but you have to persevere, don't you?

Work-wise, life is as busy as it's ever been. The new Youth Alpha course kicked off last night, and went really well on the whole. We had 14 people there, and all had a very expensive Chinese, which went down really well (boy, some of these kids can eat!). The teaching went ok, too, and I think most of them will be back for the start of the course proper next week. It sounds like there may be a couple more, too, so it was all postive.

Mettle Group A starts back tonight, and I'm so glad! I've actually really missed it over Christmas ... it's the highlight of my working week. Laura's out with a work-thing so Shelley is leading with me tonight, which will be a nice change.

Trevor's away on training this week, so Liz and I are busy picking up the stuff that he usually does so efficiently. Where would we be without him? I couldn't cope with all his work as well as my own every week!

Please pray that my body will recover sufficiently to carry on working ... I feel so old!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home