Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Friday 29 December 2006

Back in the swing of things

Back to work today after a great Christmas. It must be a sign that you're in the right job when you find you've missed it and you're not sorry to be back at work!

That said, it's a little hard to get back into doing the more mundane bits. I've got a sermon to write for Sunday evening (yes, New Year's Eve) and I have barely started it. I want to have it finished by the end of today. It would help if I wasn't spending my time blogging and surfing the net, I suppose.

I've had a pretty productive day so far, though. I've organised the new bible-reading notes for next term, and I've had lunch with Clare. On that subject, is it just me or does Clare look a little bit like the girl who plays Mary in the new "Nativity Story" film? What do you reckon?



And while I'm uploading photos, I now have a brand new one of Zac and a couple from my birthday party. So here they are for your enjoyment(?):
Zac looking very cute!


Here's something you won't see very often ... me dancing! Clare (or Mary, if you'd rather!) is to the right of me... see what I mean???

There are lots more photos but they're generally too embarrassing! Worrying that this was the one that I WAS prepared to publish!

It occurs to me that the week between Christmas and New Year is really weird. We're supposed to be at work, but everyone's still in holiday mode. Still, enough excuses for not working. I'd better get on with it. We've promised that the New Year's Eve service will be short, but without a sermon, it might just be a bit TOO short...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home