Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Thursday 21 December 2006

I don't care if I'm 30 ... that was the best birthday ever!

Laura was right. A party was a great idea.

The whole day was ace, actually. I spent most of it at The Mall with Mum, Dad, Rachael, Dean and Zac (Pizza Hut? Of course!). All that in itself was enough to make it a top day.

But then there was the party, and, quite honestly, words won't do it. I was absoutely overwhelmed by the number of people that wanted to help me celebrate, gobsmacked by the incredible amount of cards and gifts, and my breath was taken away by some of the things people said to me. Laura, Emily & Ed, the parents (both sets) went all out to make it a special day and they really did succeed.

What really did for me were the poem that Kelly had written, the song that Jenny sang and the iPod that Mettle had clubbed together to buy for me. I did not see that coming! I feel so lucky to have such a nice bunch of kids letting me be part of their lives, and so many friends that are part of mine.

It almost brought a tear to the eye (and actually did do, but not until later!). Thanks so much everyone. I feel very loved and please know that that love is returned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home