Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Thursday 25 January 2007

Early mornings!

One of my new year's resolutions was to get up and have breakfast with Laura on working days. Get up, have breakfast and do our Bible study together and then pray.

So that's what we've been doing. It's hard, when that alarm goes off at 7.00am (especially when I've often been working until 10.00pm the night before) but I have to say, it's totally worth it. It really does set me up for the day ... I think starting each day with a proper breakfast and a proper bit of Bible and prayer is the best possible start! I've noticed a difference, too. I think Laura and I are getting on better now that we're praying together! Makes sense.

Mettle Group A was great again last night. Laura had a parents' evening at school, so Mary was here in her place and seemed to really enjoy herself. We were looking at "God the Creator", and again had some really interesting conversations (big bang, evolution, all sorts!). The group is really starting to open up and offer some opinions, which is great, especially since most of them are Christians. It's really good to explore together.

But the highlight of the evening was "creating" (see the tenuous link???!!) some non-alcoholic cocktails for the rest of the group to share. We had pop, juice, fruit, food-colouring, and the results ranged from really tasty to ... well, downright odd! Here's a couple of pics of our Tom Cruise wannabees in action (sorry for the poor quality, they were taken with my mobile phone!):



They were actually pretty tasty too ... apart from "Dog-Food Surprise" which physically burnt your throat. Best left at that!

Today is Thursday, which tends to be 11-14s day. What makes this one worse is that it starts with a primary school assembly at St Michael's School. I'm scared of small children, so it's a real test! We have a lunchtime club for years 8 & 9, and Rock Solid tonight, which I'm doing the talk for. I sometimes find it hard to motivate myself for Thursdays, so please pray for me!

1 Comments:

At 10:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still trying to master the art of posting comments. Just to let you know we have been praying for your work & outreach in Measham tonight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home