Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Monday 18 December 2006

Two days of my twenties left :-(

My birthday's almost here. I don't quite know what to feel!

I'm really looking forward to my party now, but when the day arrives it also means I'll be 30, which I'm not so happy about. Lots of people have been very reassuring, but I'm surrounded by teenagers most of my time, so 30 seems very old! I'm sure I won't feel that different once Wednesday comes...?

Carols on the Green was great. I did the prayers, which I'd forgotten I was doing until I arrived, so I pretty much had to make them up on the spot ... very interesting! I think it went well though. It was cold but there were about 600 people there, and the whole thing went very smoothly, and Rob Wicks did an excellent talk. It's a massive opportunity for evangelism, so it's worth all the work that a lot of people (not me, I must say!) put into it.

Last night was the Carol Service, which I thought was also pretty good. Emily Feltham and Amy Hamlen did a drama (fairly last minute, which was my fault!) and made a really good job of it. They're both such naturals when it comes to performing (which is why I asked them to do it!). You couldn't even tell that they had their scripts hidden about their props...

It's all gone quiet on the youth ministry front now that this weekend's done. I have a staff meeting today, but that's about it, so I'm going to help Murray with some painting and decorating at a house he's working on. So far out of my comfort zone, but it's what grown-ups do and I'm nearly 30, you know ...!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home