Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Sunday 29 April 2007

On the up...?

Still feeling a bit on the low side, but things seem to be a little on the up emotionally.

I don't know what it is about Term 5, but I always struggle at this time of year. I think part of it is the climb-down from the Spring Harvest mountain-top, added to being surrounded by people who have exam pressure and a lot on their plates. When you care so much about these young people, their problems become your problems a little bit. I want to share lives with them, and I wouldn't have it any other way ... but it can still be hard.

Small mercies ... Term 5 is pretty short this year - only another four weeks to go! Then we start the countdown to the Summer and September next year. Lots to do!

Work-wise, things have been pretty positive. Youth Alpha on Friday evening was 100 per cent better than last week, and there seems to be a sense that the group is starting to bond.

RE:fresh was also good on Friday ... a nice atmopshere and two really good conversations. I love unstructured work when it goes well! A lot of non-churched young people are choosing RE:fresh over drinking at the Poplar Rooms on Friday evenings, which is really encouraging!

Today has brought a good RS2 session, a Derby defeat live on Sky which means we now have to settle for a play-off place (which I would have taken at the start of the season) and tonight's Mettle session, which is looking promising.

So in all, mixed. Struggling, but feeling a bit more positive. Please don't stop praying though!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home