Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Monday 9 April 2007

Ready for Spring Harvest? Well, in some ways!

I'm spending the day doing rotas, shopping, packing and panicking. That can only mean one thing... SPRING HARVEST!

This time tomorrow, 36 of us from St Mikes Youth will be clambering onto a coach and heading for Butlins in Minehead for five solid days of hanging out, worshipping, hearing great teaching, eating Burger King and feeling a little ill.

And you know what? I can't wait! Spring Harvest has never really been very easy for me in recent years, and I usually dread it. But with the crowd we're taking thins year, I'm really excited. I think it shows what good relationships I've built up with them over the last couple of years.

The next two summers, when all the sixth-formers leave, are going to be horrible.

But let's enjoy the here and now, I guess! Off to carry on packing. Will tell you all about it when we get back... watch this space!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:49 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was awesome!!! our caravan my have been skanky but the pl in it we amazing!! i really enjoyed gettin 2 no them better!
Love from Foo x x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home