Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Monday 26 March 2007

Freedom Day



So Freedom Day has been and gone... and what a massive success!

Our lunch and promise auction raised around £2500, which was a brilliant result... so a massive "THANK YOU" to all those who contributed and donated items. I couldn't have hoped for better.

And the Youth Service in the evening was great too... I get so excited when I see young people getting stuck in and involving themselves. A special word for Emily Feltham, who wrote and performed an AMAZING monologue based on one of the trafficking stories, and to Jeni Hine who led the whole service at fairly short notice, and did a cracking job. Also, Trevor, who preached for the first time and appears to be a natural.

Unfortunately, there was one piece of traffic that didn't stop during the day... the car that bashed into mine as it left the car-parking space next to me. I was inside raising money for charity at the time, and the driver didn't even bother to leave a note. It's done three panels down the driver's side, and looks like it's going to cost a fortune. It's only metal, I know, but it's still annoying, and I would have hoped the driver would stop. It's such a shame that they didn't have that much decency.

Today's been interesting, too, as it's been the interview day for the Team Rector (and therefore, my boss!) job. Obviously, can't say too much, but I will keep you informed!

Pretty tired today, not a surprise, and my day off tomorrow begins with a trip to take Lucky to the vets at 8.00am! Still, I can leave him there to have his teeth done, and go back to bed, which I fully intend to do!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has anyone been shamed into admitting causing the damage. Can you mention it in your church newsletter?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home