Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Wednesday 18 April 2007

Spring Harvest!

So we're back from our annual Butlins adventure... sorry it's taken so long to write about it, but a) I'm PROPER tired, b) I've really hit the ground running and c) I've been all depressed because I miss it, particularly hanging out with the young people all day, every day... a good sign in a Youth Minister, I reckon! But here I am with the big Spring Harvest update.

The short version, for those with a limited attention span, is that it was AWESOME!
We had an absolutely fantastic time, and the young people were excellent... many of them had big experiences of God, which they were so willing to share. And they have come back buzzing!
And I feel as though I've got to know them so much better, which I've really enjoyed. There are loads of photos of Spring Harvest, which you will be able to see via the St Mikes Youth website, but since this is my blog, here are a some of me with various different young people:

There are loads more (these are just the ones of me with the girls Laura and I shared a caravan with!), but I have to draw the line somewhere! Do check out the rest on the website.

As usual, the teaching was good, the worship excellent, but my highlights were all about hanging out with the young people... at the fairground, on the beach, in the caravan, at thebandwithnoname concert... and it feels like we packed so much into just a few days, and we all ended up so tired but happy - check these two out:



There will be more reflections to follow (they tend to dribble out over a few days!) but there's a start for you. If you want to know more, and live in Bristol, come along to our Spring Harvest feedback service in church this Sunday evening. There'll be more photos and reports from the young people themselves. I'd love to see you!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home