Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Friday 8 December 2006

Looking forward ...

In amongst all the busy-ness, there is so much to look forward to.

Laura Cooke is getting baptised at the Youth Service this Sunday, which I'm so excited about! She has come so far in her relationship with God since the start of the Mettle Groups just over a year ago, and so there's something quite affirming in this Sunday ... God has used the difficult decisions and changes we made last September to do something awesome in Laura. It makes it all worthwhile.

The service is almost planned, and I pretty much know what I'm going to do for the talk. I've had a whole day's run at both today and, while there's still stuff to do, I've broken the back of it now. Also, the band are doing a performance of Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls during the service (there is a legitimate point, I promise). Should be ace!

I'm also looking forward to the Christmas Banquet next Friday. Unfortunately, I've still got masses to do! It's kind of been on a back-burner until after this Sunday, so next week is going to be banquet, banquet, banquet for me! But I know it will all come together in time, and will be as good a night as it always will.

Then there's my birthday. I'm not looking forward to turning 30, but I am starting to look forward to the party, believe it or not!

And Christmas. I get to spend the whole of Christmas day at my Mum and Dad's for the first time in five years this year, which is made even cooler by the fact that Rachael and Dean will be there with nephew Zac! I can't wait to wake up in Derbyshire on Christmas morning. It's been so long!

I've been planning the Spring programmes this week, too, and even though this term has totally wiped me out, looking at all the stuff we're going to do after Christmas always fills me with a sense of renewed optimism.

So, yes, still tired. But at least now I'm tired and excited!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home