Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Sunday 3 December 2006

Busy days ...

... as ever! I know I'm also on about being so busy, but that's because this is a diary of what I do, and I'm always so busy! That said, I did manage to have a little time off over the last couple of days ... the problem is, I spent it doing busy things! Even when I'm not busy working, I'm busy doing other stuff!

I spent Friday afternoon with my mate Mark. It was so good to just hang out with him! We went to Pizza Hut and then went and sat on nearly every sofa in DFS, just for fun! I'm pretty sure the staff there thought we were a couple ... erm, no!

RE:fresh continued its upward spiral on Friday evening. It's taken a real step in the right direction over the last couple of sessions ... the young people seem to have accepted and embraced the rules that we have had to impose about alcohol etc., and now we're reaping the rewards. Long may it continue! One more RE:fresh next week, then the Christmas Banquet, so we'll see how it all goes.

Spent Saturday dashing from place to place. Breakfast with Sally Bufton and Liz Gray was followed by a lunch with Ruth Hepburn as I try to get round all of Group C in time for the start of next term. I nipped into town to see Trevor and came home just in time to leave to see Cats at the Hippodrome...

... which was actually quite good! We went for sushi beforehand, which is always a highlight for me, but it wasn't just that - I actually enjoyed it. Just don't tell Laura!

I had quite a few thoughts on how the Jellicle Cats are a bit like Christians, and Old Deuteronomy is a bit like God. Sometimes, I'm a bit like Grizabella (or whatever her name is) turning my back on God and then being welcomed back and born into a new life, again and again. There's more I could say, but I won't because I might turn it into a sermon!

Today's been manic, because I was playing at both morning services, as well as at the Uniformed Groups service this afternoon. Busy busy! And off to a Guest Service at The Mix tonight, which should be cool (and there are loads of us going). See the poster below!

For those that pray, I've had a headache for a while. These ones usually turn into migraines, but it hasn't yet. Please pray that it would either arrive and get itself over with, or, preferably, that it would naff off and leave me alone! Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home