Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Monday 4 December 2006

Starting to feel "Scrooge-ish"...

I'm really not sure how I'm going to get everything done this week.

I've got to write a sermon, plan the Youth Service, get the Christmas Banquet sorted... and that's on top of all the regular stuff (I'm working through until 10pm six nights out of seven this week!). Christmas is a very busy time.

I'm still waiting for my migraine, too. I'm just praying that it won't hit until early next week.

Today's been ok... staff meeting was long but very useful and productive, f h c u was as good as ever and I got loads of prep done this afternoon.

We've got a Mettle planning meeting for the Spring terms tonight, and I'm actually quite excited about the stuff we're going to be doing over that spell. It includes Youth Alpha, which I'm getting quite excited about, plus we're probably going to do some teaching for Mettle on sex and sexuality, which is tough but always worth the effort.

Pray that I survive the week!
Oh, and ... Bah! Humbug!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home