Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Tuesday 5 December 2006

A Fond Farewell

Today would normally be my day off, but life is too hectic at the moment, so I'm settling for a late start and a day working at home, writing my sermon. I'm having lunch with Jeni in town, which is cool because it means I get to go to Woodes (my favourite cafe)!

Last night's Mettle leaders planning meeting went REALLY well, but it did make me realise just how much we are doing for the 14-18 age-group at the moment. Just looking at it all makes me feel tired! But it's so exciting at the same time... I hope the young people get excited by it too!

We made some fairly important decisions last night, about freqency of socials and Mettle Groups and about what do do with the groups during exam time in the summer (we're not going to run midweek, just Sundays and Fridays). We also talked about the possibility of a Weekend Away, which I'm really hoping we can do.

I'm going to the last ever Mettle Group C meeting tonight. The leaders, Nick and Helen, are finishing for the time being, so Group C is being dissolved and the young people are making up a good proportion of the Youth Alpha course, which runs after Christmas. Tonight is a social, and is sure to be emotional for all concerned!

The 14-18s team is particularly strong at the moment, with quality, deeply-committed people involved. Nick and Helen have been a big part of that, and we're going to miss them.

Thanks, guys... it's been a pleasure.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home