Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Tuesday 15 May 2007

Strange weekends and full weeks

That about sums it up really! The weekend was... odd. Not bad, just odd.

I was expecting to play cricket and then go to my friend Karen's birthday party in the evening, taping the Derby play-off match and watching it later.

Cricket was cancelled, which I was gutted about after last week, but at least it did allow me to go to another friend, Shelley's, birthday party in the afternoon.

So I basically hopped from one birthday to the other, and managed to squeeze in the Rams match beforehand too. It was good, it just felt slightly surreal. And birthday parties are really tiring, I think!

Sunday was strange as well. I led RS2 in the morning, and it went really well, but I left my mobile phone at home and didn't know where it was, so I felt really uncomfortable all morning... those who know me will know that I'm surgically attached to my phone and so will understand why! It felt... weird. And then I was in a really odd mood all afternoon. I'm not sure why! Mettle in the evening was great though, and lifted my spirits big-time.

This week has started with a band. Staff meeting, fhcu and a prayer-walk with a friend in the day yesterday, plus DCC (surprisingly interesting) then beer with my mate Murray in the evening.

Today has brought a mixture of despair and joy, stress and happiness and work and... well, just work actually. I'm feeling quite up and down. Do pray for me!

We have a Youth Service this Sunday and a torrent of practices for it tonight in Mettle groups. They're meeting altogether before splitting off to prepare stuff, and it's the first time we've done it like this. I'm in charge of music, which is shaping up quite nicely, but do pray it goes well. It's an attempt to get the three groups working together, so I really hope it works!

Later on tonight, Clare, Ruth, Tom and I are having a practice of our song(s?) for the Band Night. I'm already feeling nervous about it all, and I'm sure they are too.

Laura's bump is progressing quite well... she's very proud if it, which is really nice to see. She bought some maternity clothes the other day which are very practical and mildly amusing. I'll try to sneak a photo on here without her noticing!

That's a very bitty entry ... sorry! But it sort of sums up how I'm feeling at the moment... Not bad, not great, just "bitty".

Thanks for reading!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home