Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Friday 11 May 2007

A minor miracle

Here's why I believe in a God of miracles today:

It was Rock Solid last night, it was the first one I've done since the Easter Holidays, I was already tired and stressed out and needing to properly chill out.

The miracle? I really enjoyed myself!


Trevor has done such a great job with Rock Solid. I decided to change it to an open youth club style for 11-14s a while ago, and I know he wasn't entirely convinced it was the right move. But the person that Trevor is meant that I could count on his full support and energy in trying to make it work. It has, and that's down to Trevor's hard work rather than any inspired idea on my part. I've said it before, but I'll make no apology for saying it again: the guy is seriously gold-dust. We're so blessed to have him staying for another year!

Today there's a Mix Leaders meeting and interviews for next year's second Youth Ministry Assistant. Tonight brings Youth Alpha Active, RE:fresh and then hopefully a well-deserved pint.

Please pray for Laura, she's really tired. I think it comes from carrying another human being around inside you! I'm so proud of her though... she's coping really well!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for nice comment babe. You're a legend! I'm really proud of you too xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home