Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Thursday 17 May 2007

A day with my new boss!

Today saw the St Michael's Church Core Staff Team (Julie Bradley, Wiz Sammons, Karen Needham and me) travel to Chieveley to spend the day with Si Jones, who will be joining us as Team Rector in the summer... and I've come back SO EXCITED!
Put simply, the guy is absolute quality and I still can't quite believe he's coming to join us! I didn't dare pray for such an ideal guy. I think he'll be brilliant here... just what we need. I'm not going to say too much about the things we talked about, mostly because I think you should hear it all from him and get to know him for yourselves, but suffice to say he's going to fit in well and doubtless bring some great new ideas with him too. Roll on the summer!

That said, I have to comment here that I'm so proud of the way those of us still here have coped since David Widdows' departure. I'm the first to admit that it hit me hard, and I struggled at first without him, but life has indeed gone on, and gone on well. We should ALL be very proud of our church.

That's all I've had time to do today, despite having a mountain of other stuff to get through. Tomorrow, then, will be busy as you like... a sermon to write for Christ the King's all-age worship on Sunday, various phone calls and emails to catch up on, teaching at Youth Alpha and then RE:fresh. Busy busy busy (and I love it like that!).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home