Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Monday 30 April 2007

f h c u and more!

Today brought a better day... with f h c u the highlight!

The Christian Union is always something I look foward to, although there has been a sense that, while it's usually been good, we've never properly "cracked it".

Today, I felt like we were getting there. I led a session based on Saul's conversion and Ananias' role in it, showing that meeting Jesus can change our lives and that sometimes we will be called to talk about him to the most unexpected people. It went really well ... I think we might look at doing stuff like that again.

We had a great turn-out, too. We now have a regular crowd of ten, and four of those are from other churches, which is really encouraging, because f h c u is not really supposed to be another Mettle meeting in Filton High ... it's supposed to be a group for ANY Christians in the school.

One thing you can pray for though: all ten of the regulars are girls! And when you add Liz into that, it means an 11:1 female/male ratio - I feel a bit outnumbered! It would be great if some of the guys (St Mikes Youth folk or otherwise!) would start coming. I know of quite a few Christian lads in the school, but for some reason, they've never some along. I would feel far less outnumbered if they would!

Just a quick word too for Mettle Sunday. Louise led a reflection on "Garbage In Garbage Out", about what we fill our lives with and how it is bound to come out. It was great! There were only about 12 young people there, and it would be nice ot have a few more even though it is optional, but it was a bit chattier than normal and that made a nice change.

Next Sunday is The Mix, and I'm sure numbers will pick up for then! I'm speaking at it, and nowhere near ready! I'm sure I'll get there by Sunday...?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home