Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Thursday 22 February 2007

Back to work, back to reality

My mini-holiday is officially at an end. Blink and you'll have missed it. I must have blinked!

Seriously, though, I do feel more relaxed and ready to take on the challenges of teenagers again. I've had a really nice three days... Mum and Dad came on Tuesday, and Laura and I have just spent the time relaxing together. Now to face the world...

Today has been spent with a bunch of seven teenagers from Little Stoke touring the area's skate-parks. It would have been great fun, except it rained. A lot.

Tomorrow I have meetings galore, and Saturday a bunch of lads at our house for the day (which, by the way, will be great fun!). I also have the evenings off, so I mustn't grumble really. Plus, I really do love my job... I know it might not always seem like it, but secretly I miss work when I'm off! Sunday is the day that it all starts again in earnest, so I can still squeeze in a but more relaxation!

Pleas pray for my friend. She knows who she is and why, and so does God. But she could do with your prayers... just pray for "Ant's friend" and trust that God will fill in the gaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home