Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Saturday 17 February 2007

HALF-TERM!

As always, the mid-term break has come at just the right time for me.

I don't know whether it's because I know it's coming or not, but I always seem to be absolutely exhausted the last couple of days of any term, and this one was no exception. I am apeaking at All-Age Worship tomorrow, but after that I have basically a blank week stretching out in front of me. I've got four days proper holiday (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday) and two quiet working days (Thursday and Friday). I can't wait!

Rachael, Dean and Zac are coming down for the day today which will be lovely. It's so hard having a nephew and only seeing him once every few weeks! I think the plan is a quiet day ... we'll probably go out for lunch and then chill out. Kelly and Chris are coming for dinner tonight, so I have to go shopping at some point today...

The rest of the holiday is shaping up nicely. Laura and I are going to spend one day sorting out the bomb-site that we call our study, and my Mum and Dad are visting one day too. Other than that, late nights and even later mornings, and a likely DVD-fest with Laura. Yay!

Work-wise, the 11-14s Valentine's Disco on Thursday was a big hit with those that were there. I ended up having the last dance with a folding chair. It was the best option. She was an awful dancer, though...

We're straight back into it after the holiday, with a Youth Alpha Weekend Away on 2-4 March. We're going to Packington, the village where I grew up, which I'm really looking forward to, and we have seven young people signed-up so far, which, given the group of young people involved, is a massive achievement!

Anyway, enough of work ... I'm on holiday! Please pray that I can full recharge my batteries and spend some quality time with Laura this week.

2 Comments:

At 5:26 pm, Blogger Martyn Sampson said...

Hi Ant,

I enjoy reading your blog. Looks like you have a well earned rest on the way - all part of life to the full!

Best wishes,
Martyn.

 
At 5:27 pm, Blogger Martyn Sampson said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home