Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Saturday 11 November 2006

Still not an uncle but plenty to think about!

Just how long does having a baby take??? Rachael started the process on Thursday afternoon. It's now Saturday lunchtime, and I'm STILL waiting for that phone to ring. They're inducing her today, so it should happen before the day is out ... I'll keep you in touch!

Last night was encouraging and tough at the same time. It was RE:fresh, and again, there were loads of people there, which was the encouragement. Again, there were new faces, and quite a lot from outside the church and from among the groups that we are trying to really reach out to.

That brings its own problems, though. I'm not going to go into detail, but we had various problems with alcohol on site, which has, quite rightly, resulted in complaints. I'm so scared that we're going to have to close ... I've got a few ideas about how we can move forward from here, but it's going to need the young people to co-operate. I really hope they're up for that. Still, I'm really pleased that people are coming ... I hope the church young people will still be able to enjoy it so that they can interact with these new guys, too.

Loads to do today ... have to prep RS2 which includes some complicated shopping, as well as thinking about the above and going to Angela's birthday party tonight. So I really should be doing those things instead of blogging in front of Manchester City vs Newcastle Utd!

Maybe I'll just watch until half-time ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home