Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Wednesday 18 October 2006

Busy day ...

There's so much going on at the moment, I really don't know how I'm staying on top of it all. I feel so tired, I could just sleep anywhere, any time!

I arrived in the office at about 9.30am this morning, and worked solidly through until about 5pm. On the plus side, I think almost everything is almost ready for the weekend, apart from my epilogue for Saturday night, which I can do tomorrow (and want to ask Clare to help me with anyway!). So I spent a good bit of time on the weekend, as well as a lunch club, prep for this evening, and stuff for the hoodies and t-shirts. And loads more bits and pieces that need doing.

Mettle Group A is about to start, and it sounds as though we'll have a good turn-out tonight (mostly wearing hoodies or t-shirts, which will look quite cool!). I'm quite excited about tonight's session, actually ... it's all about recognising the value of our friends and their stories, and how to show them that Jesus loves them. Should be cool.

And then ... SLEEP! Or possibly a pint. Then sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home