Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Thursday 19 October 2006

So much for a quiet day...

To be fair, I did have a late start, but I found so much work today that I didn't even know needed doing! Plenty of admin stuff for the weekend and for the clothing, and a lunch with Lucy, which is always fun. We went to the Mall and had an all-you-can-eat Pizza Hut because Filton High School had a half day. I dread to think how much pizza and salad we got through between us. An impressive effort on both our parts - if you're paying the money, you have to make the most of it!

I'm a bit cross with myself, because I've just realised that TWO people have the number 26 on their t-shirts/hoodies. Both Jeni and Becky have the same number! I know what happened ... I told them there was a clash, and Becky agreed to change to 33. The problem was, her stupid Youth Minister forgot to change it on the order-form. I was so determined that we'd all had different numbers, and now I've spoiled it. What makes it worse is that they're both going to Spring Harvest, so they're going to notice. I'm going to have to apologise to them, and to the people who I didn't let have the numbers they wanted because of a clash. So annoyed with myself!

Tonight is a Rock Solid/RS2 social, and we're off ten-pin bowling and then for a Burger King with more than 50 11-14 years olds. Yeah, my diet today will have helped me to lose weight!!! Could do without it the day before the Parish Weekend, but there you go. Socials are always fun because it's nice to be able to hang out with the young people without the pressure of having to DO anything. It'll be fun, but still in a fairly "dead-on-my-feet" place. Even the lie-in this morning hasn't beaten it. I'm just praying I'll find some energy from somewhere.

I'm a little worried about the Parish Weekend. Still haven't finished (or started, really!) my epilogue for Saturday evening. Apart from that, I think I'm ready, but I just can't help feeling that there's something I've forgotten, and that I'm going to get there and remember what I haven't brought/done/organised. Also, Clare's voice is poorly and I really wanted to ask her to help lead the epilogue. Hope she'll be able to do it.

So another late night ahead, I think, and then off to Sidholme Hotel in the morning! Looking forward to it, but again, worried about my complete lack of energy. Bring on the school holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home