Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Monday 30 October 2006

Bonjour de Paris!

I'm actually sitting in an internet cafe in Paris writing this blog entry! How cool is that? It's quite wierd, though, because the computer keyboard is just ever so slightly different and I'm used to not looking at the keyboard when I type! So if there are odd mistakes, you now know why!

We've had an ace time so far ... we've climbed to the very top of the Eiffel Tower; visited the Louvre; visited the intensely dull Musée d'Orsay; the Sacré Coeur; Notre Dame; and eaten in some fab restaurants (Snails! How exotic am I??!!) But the whole point of the holiday was to chill out and, in the main, I've been able to do that. Ken and Julie insist on breakfast at 8.00am, so we can "make the most of the day". I (and Laura, too, I think) would rather make the most of the day with a long lie-in, but since Ken and Julie are paying for this whole trip, I guess I'll have to bow to their wishes; besides, early starts aside, it's been EXACTLY what I needed.

Tonight we're all going out for a meal with the family that Laura spent her year-out in France with, which should be very cool. Mike is a Baptist minister, so I'm rather hoping to be able to talk theology with him! Two concerns: Laura might not let me, and Mike might make me do it in French (he made Laura speak French for her whole year here!) Mind you, that said my French is actually much better than I thought!

We travel home tomorrow and I start back to work on Wednesday, facing a to-do list as long as my arm! Funny thing is, I'm actually looking forward to it (good sign!). I guess my ministry is so much more than a job ... it's who I am.

A vendredi, then. Bisoux!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home