Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Wednesday 25 October 2006

Two days until Paris!

Well, I managed to sort-of have Monday and Tuesday off. I didn't do much, but I haven't seen my wallet since the Parish Weekend, which is a bit of a worry. I thought I must have left it in the hired van, but they've said they can't find it. It's not too much of a problem, because I've cancelled all my cards and stuff, but it is a bit annoying! And Laura's just a little cross about it, too! I guess she's every right to be...

I'm still tired, but I am feeling a little better. I think I've got an ear infection, so I'm hoping that clears in time for Paris on Friday. It's been nice to have a couple of days off, and, with Paris on the horizon too, I'm starting to feel a little bit more refreshed.

Yesterday was my best mate Mark's birthday, so Laura and I spent the day with him (another Pizza Hut buffet!) and I went over to his party in the evening. I didn't know anyone there, so I didn't stay too long, but it was cool and I enjoyed the ride there and back in the new car. I'm starting to get used to it ... power-steering and all!

Today's been fairly full, but fun, too! I planned to get a load of work done in the coffee shop this morning, but I got gatecrashed by Kelly, Jo, Rosie, Jenny, Sarah, Kyle and Alistair. Not that I mind, because it was cool to hang out with them for an hour. I just didn't get everything done! Then I had coffee with Naomi, and we had a good chat about all sorts (including getting on top of the child sponsorship scheme ... something else important for the to-do list!), and then lunch with Lucy, which was cool because I took her to my favourite cafe, Woodes, in Bristol. I love it there, it's got such a good atmosphere, and we had a good chat.

Nothing in the diary for tonight ... yay! I had hoped we would go and do the pub-quiz, but I think Laura would maybe rather stay in. Ah well ... another week! And a night-in won't do me any harm either. Working tomorrow (mountains of paperwork and a couple of one-to-ones) ... and then up early on Friday for Paris!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home