Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Thursday 16 November 2006

Amy, Zac and Rob ... very cool people!

So my globe-trotting weekend is drawing to a conclusion. The shape of my bottom is now a permanent feature on the driver's seat of my car!

Seeing Amy in Epsom was cool ... we went for a three-course Pizza Hut, and I got to see the Laine Theatre Arts, where Amy is at college, and the house where she's living. She told me all about what she does during a week ... it sounds busy, but she seems to be loving it and is full of smiles!

Yesterday Laura and I made a brief visit to see Rachael, Dean and baby Zac in Burton Hospital. My new nephew is amazing ... I even held him for quite a while! He's very well behaved and seems happy and healthy. I've taken some photos, and I will put one on here, but my phone-cable is playing-up and it won't let me do it! We spent a couple of hours with them, and then went back to Mum and Dad's for a fish'n'chip supper (I had a kebab which was very nice ... almost worth the four-hours driving on its own!) before heading home. We got back about midnight.

This morning, we're off to the Youthwork Conference in Eastbourne. It means another four hours or so in the car, but I absolutely love the conference, it's the highlight of my year, and Rob Bell (who has produced the Nooma short films series) is the keynote speaker, so I'm really quite excited!

I'll let you know how it goes. Until Monday, then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home