Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Monday 13 November 2006

Driving me insane!

This is going to be an odd week, because I'm going to spend most of it in the car!

Yesterday Laura and I travelled to Lee Abbey in Devon for David and Becky Widdows' commissioning service (which was ace, by the way!). That was two or three hours each way, mostly along narrow, winding country lanes.

Tomorrow I'm visiting Amy Hamlen, a member of Mettle, who is at a performing arts college in Epsom. Should be fun, but it's another four hours in the car by the time I've been and come back.

Wednesday, Laura and I are going up to Derby to meet our brand new nephew. I'm so excited, and can't wait, but obviously that's another four hours or so in the car.

And then on Thursday, Trevor, Liz, my friend Mark and I are travelling down to Eastbourne for the annual Youthwork Conference. It's always a (if not the) highlight of the year, but it's three hours each way.

I must put some more good music on tapes for the car tonight. I've only got the Kooks and the Goo Goo Dolls in there at the moment, and, while I love both those albums, twenty hours of it might just drive me insane!

2 Comments:

At 10:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep on blogging Ant!

Mum x

 
At 10:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep on blogging. I feel I know much more abouy what is happening at St Mike's and I enjoy keeping in touch - now I've learnt how to comment.Mumx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home