Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Tuesday 17 October 2006

Late Night Blogging!

I'm sure I won't usually be blogging this late at night, but hey, it's new and exciting!

Laura's birthday drinks were fun ... looking around the table made me so proud! There are some people I've known for a long time, and some I've not known for very long at all, but they are all such quality young people. Being part of their lives, even a small part in some cases, is such a pleasure and a privilege. They are on the right track and I'm sure will grow into fine adults.

Over the last few weeks, we've been getting to know J. a bit better. She's great fun, has a FANTASTIC singing voice and is always smiling - I don't know much about her past, but I do know she's not had an easy run over her 17 or so years. I'm looking forward to getting to know her better. She's got so much going for her, she really has. I just wish SHE'D realise it!

So anyway, top young people, top night! Busy day tomorrow, loads to do including a lunchtime club for Year 7 (called PBF and one of the hardest half-hours of the week!) and Mettle Group A, which my wife Laura and I run at our home. Still a bit underprepared. Only 24-hours in the day tomorrow. Oh, for a couple more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home