Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Tuesday 17 October 2006

Happy Birthday Nigel!

So today is the 18th birthday of Miss Laura Ann Cooke, a member of the youth group. It's scary that she's so old, because it only seems like yesterday that she was the quiet little 13-year old in the corner on a Sunday morning. She barely used to say a word. How times change (for the better, I might add!).

But all this set me thinking about how many young people have come and gone in the five years that I've been at St Michaels. There must, quite literally, be hundreds. I just pray that somewhere along the line, I've done some good in their lives, whether I've known them for five years, five months, five weeks or five minutes. That's all I want, really ... for God to use me.

It's been quite a busy day today. I've had a stack of work to do for the Parish Weekend, which is this weekend and I somehow managed to talk myself into organising. I'm looking forward to it, but quite honestly I'll be glad when it's all over! Also, the "St Mikes Youth" hoodies and t-shirts arrived today, amid much excitement, especially from Kelly, Jo and Jenny (not to mention Trev and Liz!). Actually, I will mention them ... both complete stars today! They did a Year 10 Assembly, were prepared to run silly little errands, and really made my life a lot easier than it might have been otherwise! I'm so glad they're here!

Anyway, birthday drinks in an hour or so, and still plenty of work to do! Always odd buying an alcoholic drink for a person who's been in the youth group for so long.

Cheers, Nige! Happy birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home