Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Sunday 24 June 2007

Sunday blogger!

I don't mean to only post on Sundays, but that does appear to be the recent trend. I'll try to rectify that this week and keep you in touch better. This week's mad busy again, though, so we'll have to see...

So I'm pretty tired after a heavy week, but it was a good one. Monday seems a long time ago, but that's good because I was feeling pretty down on Monday. Sunday evening, just after Mettle Sunday, I crashed emotionally. I really don't know why, because the session went well and I had had a good day. I think I was just exhausted... I never really caught up from the Youth Alpha Weekend Away, I don't think.

But all the usual people swung into action to lift my spirits, listen to me and pray with me (take a bow Laura, Julie, Mint and Clare ... where would I be without you all?). And as I say, it seems a long time ago, which is good. I think it's still there under the surface, but I'm feeling ok.

So onwards. Last week was pretty standard, but very busy, and I enjoyed my "day off" again! I had breakfast with my mate James, then played some Xbox with him, before lunch (sushi, yay!)and a nice walk round the waterfront in town with Clare. Ok, so James is 16, and Clare 17, so technically it's work. But they're my mates, and if I choose to eat with my mates on a day off, surely that's a good thing? Well, it was anyway, I wnjoyed it and it gave me energy.

This week looks full but fun, too. I've got loads of one-to-ones lined up on top of the usual meetings, and Clare, Ruth, Emma, Cath and I are off to see the mighty Rob Bell on Tuesday... and I'm SO excited about it!

This weekend is the Student Age Pastorate Weekend Away, and I'm going as guest speaker, guest worship leader and guest minibus driver! I'm really excited about it, because it will be really nice to be away on a weekend that I'm NOT in charge of. I still have to write the four(!) talks though... maybe I should get on with that instead of blogging!

Pray for my week, and that I keep on top of my emotions...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home