Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Tuesday 5 June 2007

Posting... but not much to say!

It's been a pretty quiet weekend, and I really don't have that much to tell you!

I played cricket on Saturday and we lost heavily. I still bowled ok, and even made my first runs of the season with the bat, but in the end our pawltry 92 all out was never going to be enough. So I'm not going to talk much about that.

On Saturday evening, we had Laura's sister, Emily, and her husband, Ed, round for tea and a game of cards. It was really nice ... we really should spend more time with them.

Sunday was busy but not taxing. I played guitar at the morning service, then we had Wiz and Ben's celebration lunch. Then off the the Mix in the evening.

I was still shattered by the end of the day, as I'd had about two hours sleep the night before. The house behind us decided to have a late-night party ... and I mean late night! They started about 3am and were still going when I got home on Sunday afternoon. There had been a lot of alcohol consumed, by the sounds of things, and the music wasn't quiet. I gave up at 5.30am and got up to do some work. I'm praying it was a one-off...

This week's busy... it's the Youth Alpha Active Weekend Away this weekend, which includes me preaching at Measham Baptist Church on the Sunday, so lots to do and organise.

I might not have time to blog much, but I'll fill you in when we're back.

Keep praying for this busy Term 6!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home