Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Thursday 23 November 2006

Bleary-eyed...

Still sifting ... but I can at least see my desk now (and my brain is just starting to feel a little bit less fried now, too!).

Mettle Group A was, once again, fantastic last night. There were ten of us there, which is just about the ideal number ... and the whole group is just so cool! We went through the basics of what a Christian in and what it means to be one, with a view to sharing "God's Story" with our friends. Then we shared bread and wine (well, Ribena!), which we've done before on weekends away but never just at a normal meeting. It was quite a special moment. I've said it before, and I'll sya it again: it feels like too much fun to be work when it's good! And The Art of Connecting course that we've been doing has been brilliant ... I'll be sorry to leave it behind after next week.

Naomi's a star! She's done a little presentation on our Child Sponsorship Scheme at two of the Mettle Groups this week, and has just done SO well. Everyone seems really enthusiastic about it now, far more than they ever have before.

One final note on last night ... Emily was there! She can't make it every week, although seems to be coming more often now. And that's great, because she is so keen to contribute and really gets involved and gets everyone else talking. She's such a legend!

Stayed up VERY late last night watching the start of the Ashes cricket, and England were so poor that I really wished I hadn't bothered. Now I feel tired, and I have a busy afternoon of dashing around planned. And Rock Solid tonight! I'll be asleep before the cricket starts tonight, I reckon!

Better start my dashing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home