Diary of a Youth Minister

Life as a Youth Minister can be tiring, emotionally draining and really, really hard work ... but it's also masses of fun! And I get to see God working in the lives of young people, which is a massive privilege! This is my diary. It's a bit of a rollercoaster at times. Enjoy the ride! If you have any comments on my blog (positive or negative!) please email me at ant@stmikesyouth.org.

Wednesday 25 July 2007

An explanation

My, my. Where to begin?

How about I start with the reason I haven't updated this blog for nearly two weeks. Quite simply, I haven't been able to because I haven't had a computer with internet access. My laptop got stolen in the office break-in.

Yes, the office was broken into two weeks ago on Thursday. They got into my office and took the laptop, stereo and quite a lot of money. They also got into the other office upstairs and took some stuff.

What upsets me most is the photos that were on my computer. All the other stuff can be replaced, but they were my record of all the work I've done with the teenagers over the last two or three years, and I can't replace them. Gutted isn't the word.

What's happened since then? Well, so much it's hard to remember. The stand-out thing is the Big Day Out, which, despite a slightly disappointing take-up, proved a massive success. The rain held off for the whole day in the theme park, and for most of the evening on the beach. Then the heavens opened, and we all got soaked to the skin. Didn't spoil the day though! There are some pictures, but of course the break-in also claimed the cable that I use to transfer photos onto the computer. I'll put them on here when I can find a way.

And the other big thing is that we have, as of today, broken up for the summer. I'm off on retreat this weekend for a few days, and then I'm going to visit my parents for a few more days, so I'm looking forward to the next week. Then a week of nursery decorating and a week of Soul Survivor. Then we're about back to school. It's going to go far too quickly!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home